Maine Marriage Officiant and Notary Public Rates
All marriage ceremonies are performed by a professional Maine marriage officiant. The following rates are intended as general guides. Their descriptions are intended only to give you an idea of what rate you might expect to pay based on the size of wedding ceremony you are planning. Certain details may increase or decrease the actual rate.
Quotes are easily provided over the phone or by email and are honored for one year.
With the exception of elopements, officiant fees include all of the following:
- Unlimited phone calls and emails between us
- Initial meeting (if you choose to schedule one)
- My time to write your ceremony and to revise or rewrite it as many times as it takes to make it perfect
- My attendance at your wedding and rehearsal (if you choose to have one)
- My guaranteed early-arrival at both events (10 minutes early for rehearsal and 30 minutes early for the wedding, more if necessary)
- Facilitation with your vendors prior to the ceremony (photographers, wedding planners, musicians)
- Preparation of the members in your wedding party prior to the ceremony
- Color coordination of my attire to compliment your wedding colors
- Performance of your marriage or commitment ceremony
- Signing of all required paperwork
- A keepsake marriage certificate suitable for framing
- A keepsake copy of your wedding ceremony script
- Proper filing of your marriage license
- Unlimited lifetime unattested copies of your marriage license
- Maintenance of proper records regarding your marriage
Maine Marriage Officiant Rates
Marriage & Commitment Ceremonies
Elopement with witnesses provided by the couple: $125
Couple and two witnesses only. Casual attire, short wedding ceremony script chosen by officiant. Typically takes place at a residence or public venue. Elopements not local to Augusta have a higher rate.
Elopement with witnesses provided by the officiant: $200
Couple and two witnesses only. Casual attire, short wedding ceremony script chosen by officiant. Typically takes place at a residence or public venue.
Small wedding ceremony: $250
Wedding party of four or less. Casual or semi-formal attire. Customized wedding ceremony script of any length. Typically held at a residence or public venue.
Mid size wedding ceremony: $375
Wedding party of six or less. Attire may be casual, semi-formal or formal. Customized wedding ceremony script of any length. May take place at a residence, public venue or private venue.
Large wedding ceremony: $500
Wedding party of more than six. Attire may be semi-formal or formal. Customized wedding ceremony script of any length. Typically held in a private venue.
Wedding Rehearsal: $150
Maine Notary Public Rates
First signature: $25
Each additional signature: $5
Maine Marriage Officiant and Notary Public Travel Rates
Mileage: $.55 p/mile
Overnight accommodations: $100 p/night
(Visit the FAQ’s page for booking and payment information)